South San Francisco, CA
|Job Title: Associate Director - Commercial Supply Chain||Download
Department: Global Supply Chain and Logistics
Job Title: Associate Director - Commercial Supply Chain
Reports to: Sr. Director Global Supply Chain
Primary Objective of Position
This role will provide leadership and management of staff in the planning and execution of Commercial Supply Chain activities, including all readiness activities for Puma global product launches. The position is also expected to lead Supply Chain related projects teams and actively participate and support launch strategies, developing secondary and tertiary packaging configurations and be a key contributor of the Sales and Operations (S&OP) processes.
This position will oversee commercial secondary packaging, labeling and distribution operations as needed. Responsible for developing business processes supporting an effective Commercial Supply Chain organization. Develop and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Support activities on global inventory management, supply planning and distribution systems consistent with meeting corporate objectives. This position will closely interface with Manufacturing, Project Management, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMO’s). Continuously track progress towards objectives and advise management of any issues impacting project timelines.
- Lead and implement strategies and timelines to ensure a successful commercial launch for Puma’s products, including vendor oversight, artwork development, validation strategy, serialization and anti-counterfeiting requirements, multi-language packs design, among others.
- Participate and contribute in forecasting activities impacting overall finished goods requirements.
- Rollout of serialization requirements across packaging sites in order to meet global requirements on ePedigree and product traceability. Interface with Quality Assurance, Finance, Information Technology, Operations and outside vendors as required to ensure timely implementation of requirements.
- In partnership with Puma’s CMO’s, develop and implement global secondary and tertiary packaging solutions as well as shipping and transport qualifications in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Qualification of global packaging solutions in line with the current valid requirements.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing organization in defining and supporting distribution strategies as required.
- Interface with Finance organization on commercial inventory management and reporting.
- Experience applying ASTM and cGMP requirements for package artwork management and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
- Bring and develop packaging expertise into the organization and function as a key communication interface between Puma’s Sales/Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory and external suppliers in the development and execution of packaging strategies.
- Develop commercial supply chain business processes, templates, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Hire and mentor team members as required
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally association with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply. Work is performed in an office environment.
Education & Professional Experience
- Travel may be required (5-10%)
- Minimum of BA/BS with 10+ years of experience. – Engineering or Business degree preferable. Packaging Engineering degree a plus or MBA with 7+ years of experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- Vendor Management /Contract reviews
- Commercial Supply Chain experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology environment.
Packaging, 3PL experience a plus.
- Experience with Pharma/Bio product launches.
- Knowledge and experience with serialization and track and trace requirement implementation a plus.
Back to Careers Page
Puma Biotechnology, Inc.
10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2150
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Stacey Willard, Recruiting Manager