Job Title: Director, Market Access Field Team
Job Title: Director, Market Access Field Team
Department: Market Access
Reports to: Head of Market Access
Date: February 23, 2017
The Director of the Market Access Field Team provides leadership and strategic and tactical direction to achieve company objectives, meets customer and market needs through flexible deployment of resources, and fosters team development. This role is responsible for leading the execution of market access account strategies for the companyís first product across in the United States. The Director of the Market Access Field Team is also responsible for leading, coaching, developing, and directing activities of national and regional account managers to achieve favorable coverage across payer segments.
- Lead the execution of market access account business plans in accordance with brand strategy in order to minimize barriers to access for the companyís first product.
- Assess payer environment to determine business needs and develop appropriate plans to execute against. Conduct ongoing assessment of these plans and adjust as necessary.
- May be calling on key accounts during launch phase of the commercialization of first product
- Stay up-to-date and inform commercial management on regional and national health care policy and trends as they pertain to local and national managed markets.
- Hire highly qualified, diverse talent with demonstrated record of delivering results.
- Effectively coach, develop, motivate and monitor team performance to include: regular and timely feedback through advanced coaching techniques, development plans that develop talent for increased responsibility or in current roles, early identification of performance challenges or deficiencies and creation of action plans to appropriately address performance gaps.
- Develop a focused vision and create a high performance team environment which values continued professional development and personal accountability.
- Eliminate barriers and foster a solution-oriented mindset.
- Conduct regular business reviews to identify and provide updates on business opportunities.
- Coordinate activities between Market Access account managers and other functions such as sales, marketing, and medical affairs.
- Partner with peers, marketing, sales and training personnel to develop material or training tools, share information and implement regional initiatives/strategies.
- Lead cross-functional commercial initiatives as assigned.
- Ensure teamís compliance with legal and regulatory requirements with respect to market access and reimbursement.
- Manage timelines, costs, resources, and report status and progress plan to management. Identify and review resource requirements.
- Creates and articulates a compelling and inspiring vision or sense of core purpose with their team.
- Encourages ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire team.
- Develops people and the organization by investing in long-term development of others through mentoring, coaching, and continuous feedback.
- Creates a climate of trust decisively by clarifying roles/responsibilities and establishing boundaries of decision-making, so team members can act.
- Has excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills including leading or facilitating executive level discussions.
- Able to build strong trust based relationships with leaders and influencers in customer organizations.
- Has strong clinical, financial and analytical skills and acumen.
- Identifies issues and opportunities and uses robust analytical rigor to frame situations, make decisions and incorporate new perspectives and ideas.
- Exhibits both a long-term, strategic view of the business and a focus on driving immediate results.
- Develops solutions to overcome internal and external obstacles in the strategic planning process
- Is familiar with organizational structures and dynamics and can get things done through formal and informal channels.
- Understands and leverages roles and responsibilities of the cross-functional team to drive strategic imperatives, including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Sales and Commercial Operations.
This position may manage all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of any employees reporting to this role within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally associated with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and may require weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Travel may be required (up to 50%).
Required Education & Professional Experience
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelorís degree; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of Market Access experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years of field-based management level experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Previous experience working on a new product launches
- Experience in district/regional sales position at a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
- Other experience in a commercial function such as operations, sales training, Market Access marketing with a record of increasing responsibility
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
- Experience in Oncology highly preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that ae required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Puma Biotechnology Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to Careers Page
Puma Biotechnology, Inc.
10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2150
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Stacey Willard, Recruiting Manager